Are you looking for a treadmill to use at home? An important decision you need to make is whether you want a manual or motorized treadmill. Manual treadmills work by your effort, whereas motorized treadmills require an electric motor to move the belt.
Before buying a treadmill, there are a few things to consider; the most important thing is what you want to achieve. You need to consider your goals and ask yourself whether it’s weight loss, walking, or running.
In this guide, we’ll review some of the best treadmills in India. We’ve researched and tested them so we can provide you with honest reviews of each machine.
We’ve been testing and reviewing some of the best treadmills in India, and we can’t wait to share our findings with you. Whether you’re looking for an investment in your health or just a way to burn off last night’s biryani, we’ve got the perfect treadmill for you!
We’ve tested each treadmill on a variety of metrics, including:
-Size and weight
Why is a treadmill important?
A treadmill is a great investment not only for you but also for your family. It’s a fitness machine that can provide tremendous health benefits to the user. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider getting one:
- It helps you lose weight and build muscle. A treadmill is designed with an incline feature, so it enables you to burn more calories and build more muscle than other types of exercise machines. This is especially helpful if you want to lose weight or tone up without bulking up too much.
- It relieves stress and improves mental health. Treadmill exercise increases endorphins, which in turn lifts your mood and boosts your self-esteem. Other benefits include reduced anxiety, increased focus, and concentration levels as well as improved memory function – all essential things when it comes time to negotiate during the home buying process!
- It’s a great way to meet new people: Whether it’s at work or out on the town, treadmills enable social interaction which makes them perfect for people who want their workouts to double as networking opportunities – something that can come in handy when buying a new home!
These are the Best Treadmills in India 2022
1.PowerMax Fitness TD-M1 Motorized Steel Treadmill
Best Overall Motorized Treadmill In India
- Motor: 2-4 HP Power
- Max Speed– 12 km/hr
- Max Weight– 100 Kg
|PowerMax Fitness TD-M1 2HP (4HP Peak) Pre-installed Motorized Steel Treadmill, Home Use & Semi...||₹ 56,500 ₹ 24,019||View Latest Price on Amazon|
The PowerMax 100% Pre-Installed Motorized Treadmill is a modern, stylish and functional way to stay fit while protecting your floors. With an appealing and contemporary look, the treadmill doubles as room decor when not in use.
The PowerMax Fitness TD-M1-A1 Series treadmill comes with a variety of features including a Bluetooth app to connect to your mobile, and an innovative running surface with a side rail and built-in cable management; making it convenient for daily use.
The treadmill boasts the ultra-smooth HiTorque DC motor designed for high power and outputting a top speed of 14km per hour.
This is our top recommendation for Best Treadmill in India under Rs 25000. This treadmill from Powermax tops our list because of a winning combination of unbeatable price and top quality. It has a good display that shows your activities details along with time, calories burned, pulse rate, etc. The machine comes with hydraulic unfolding which makes it very easy to operate the treadmill. The automatic folding system allows you to fold all the parts inside the treadmill with no extra operations needed.
2. Sparnod Foldable Motorized Treadmill
- Motor: 1.75-3 HP Power
- Max Speed– 12 km/hr
- Max Weight– 100 Kg
|Sparnod Fitness STH-1200 (3 HP Peak) Automatic Treadmill (Do It Yourself Installation and Video...||View Latest Price on Amazon|
Pros (Why You Should Buy):
- Lifetime Frame Warranty, 3-Year Motor Warranty, and 1-Year Parts & Labor Warranty
- Comes with a smooth and quiet Indoor treadmill motor that supports speeds ranging from 1 – 12 KM/H, with 3 count modes that will help you meet a variety of fitness goals. You will enjoy jogging, walking, running & cardio workout at home.
- It has smart features such as a Hi-Fi speaker to play music from your phone using AUX/USB cable, Wheels for easy transportation.
- Comes with a pulse sensor that enables the monitoring of heart rate Equipped with one clear LED display. And for your safety equipped with an emergency system, the emergency stop switch will help you to stop in case you need to stop instantly
- Supports 3 Level Manual Inclination for an intense workout, You will enjoy jogging, walking, running & cardio workout at home
Cons (Reasons to Avoid):
- None so far, apart from the Price
3. Healthgenie 3911M 2.5 HP Peak Motorized Treadmill
Best Budget Treadmill
- Motor: 1-2.5 HP
- Max Speed– 10km/Hr
- Max Weight– 95 Kg
|Healthgenie 3911M 2.5 HP Peak Motorized Treadmill,Fitness Running Machine with LCD Display for...||View Latest Price on Amazon|
Pros (Why You Should Buy):
- Comes with a DIY Assembly: The Healthgenie 3911M treadmill comes in 90% pre-assembled. Most of the parts are shipped attached to each other, so most of these will only need to be screwed together. Available tools and fittings are provided for DIY setup
- The manufacturer provides a 3-year warranty for the frame and a 1-year warranty for other parts. You have to activate your warranty by registering on the website or calling customer care within 15 days of purchase
- Smart Features: The product comes with includes quality speakers, which provide a better sound experience while using your treadmill
- LED Display: Shows you Time, Distance, Speed, Calories burned, Heart Rate
Cons (Reasons to Avoid):
- Bad customer support and after-sales service
The Healthgenie 3911M motorized treadmill will be our second-best choice. It will help you live a healthy lifestyle while also saving you money. The LED display measures your progress throughout the exercise routine and tracks the calories you’ve burned. The speakers play music wirelessly for your enjoyment. This treadmill has 6 preset workout programs, and no matter what your fitness goals are, this treadmill is here to help you reach them.
4. MAXPRO PTM405 2HP(4 HP Peak) Folding Treadmill
- Motor: 2-4 HP
- Max Speed– 14 km/Hr
- Max Weight– 110 Kg
|WELCARE MAXPRO PTM405 2HP(4 HP Peak) Folding Treadmill, Electric Motorized Power Fitness Running...||₹ 54,000 ₹ 29,490||View Latest Price on Amazon|
Pros (Why You Should Buy):
- Quality Motor: Comes with a 2.0 HP Motor which can go up to 4 HP Peak. DC motor delivers power for interval, speed, or endurance training, 3-Level manual incline for an intense workout.
- Great Display: Comes with a 5 inch Blue LCD display which will display your Hand Pulse, Time, Speed, Distance, Calories during usage
- Good Speed for indoor cardio: Set up a variable from 1km/hr to 14 km/hr. Users can set up these speed bases as per exercise and your fitness level
- Max user weight: Good for a user weighing up to 110kg
- Program: This treadmill comes with 12 pre-set programs for efficient workout
- It also features a heart rate monitor. Users can use Handheld Pulse a built-in thumb sensor to remain within the advisable pulse rate range. You can monitor your heart rate during your workout
- Smart Features- Comes with a Mobile & tablet holder. USB Port, MP3 Speakers for entertainment
Cons (Reasons to Avoid):
- After-sales service and Customer Support could have been better
5. Cockatoo CTM-05 Motorized Treadmill
- Motor: 1.5-2 HP Power
- Max Speed– 14 km/hr
- Max Weight– 90Kg
|Cockatoo CTM-05 1.5 HP - 2HP Peak DC Motorized Treadmill for Home with 3 Level Manual Incline,...||₹ 37,500 ₹ 17,490||View Latest Price on Amazon|
The newly launched model of Cockatoo is perfect for home use
Pros (Why You Should Buy):
- This model has a 5″ LED display that shows time, speed, distance, calories burnt, and heart rate.
- I like its 12 preset programs that help you have a structured workout session.
- Good quality 1.5 HP DC motor provides a smooth running experience.
- Supports 3 levels of manual incline and its speed range is 0.8-14 km/hr.
- With adjustable soft drop shock absorbers, the machine absorbs the impact on your joints every time you land on the belt during running or walking.
- It also comes with a USB slot for charging your mobile phone or listening to songs or watching movies which will make your workout sessions more entertaining and fun.
Cons (Reasons to Avoid):
- Monitor quality is not up to the mark
- Like many other Brands, they also lack Customer Support
- Speaker quality could have been better
Best Treadmill Brands in India
1. PowerMax Treadmill
PowerMax is a well-known brand of treadmills in India. The company has launched home treadmills like 2-4 HP treadmills and even 5 Hp treadmills. The Powermax bikes are also very popular in India. The company provides free installation with each treadmill purchase.
2. Healthgenie Treadmill
They offer advanced features and premium quality, built solid to offer you the best possible experience. Get ready to see 100% authentic treadmills at a never before price in India
3. MAXPro Treadmills
MAXPRO is one of the best treadmill brands in India. The MAXPRO treadmill comes with advanced features like 14 km/h maximum speed, motor power of 2.5 HP that gives good performance while exercising, LED display to view workout information like speed, distance, and time.
4. Cockatoo Treadmills
Cockatoo is a reliable brand in the treadmill industry. With a maximum user weight of up to 90 kg, Cockatoo has an extra-large running deck that allows you to run safely and comfortably. The treadmill can enable you to jog, walk, or run on it and it also supports 0.5 to 9 km/h speed adjustment.
Best Treadmill in India – Buying Guide | Key Considerations
1. What features should you look for in your treadmill?
- Wide belt and long belt
To help your treadmill last as long as possible, look for a wide belt and a long belt. The longer the belt, the taller the person that can comfortably use the treadmill. If you are over 6 feet tall, make sure the treadmill you are looking at is at least 70” long.
- Incline feature
An incline feature will allow you to simulate running or walking up hills or mountains, which replicates outside running/walking scenarios and also increases calorie burn for people who jog or walk on flat paths! This can be a very useful feature if you plan on having your treadmill in an apartment or house where it would be impossible to run outside due to traffic or weather conditions.
- Folding frame OR folding feature
If space is an issue, look for either a folding frame OR a folding feature (some treadmills have both). A folding frame allows you to store your machine completely vertical when not in use, saving valuable living space in rooms where it may normally take up more than half of floor space when in use (like a small bedroom!). A few models even include wheels for easy transportation from room to room!
2. Size of Treadmill
If you’re looking for a treadmill to place in your home, size is one of the most important factors to consider. Treadmills come in a range of sizes from compact and lightweight to large and heavy. Large treadmills take up more space, but are more stable and sturdy than smaller models. Smaller treadmills are easier to move around the house and may even fold for easy storage. If you’re not sure what size treadmill will work best in your home, measure the area where you plan on placing it before you make any purchases.
3. Smart Features of Treadmill
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Heart rate monitor
- Incline range
- Maximum speed
- Motor power (measured in horsepower)
- Display screen (focus on features like pre-programmed workouts and media compatibility)
- Shock absorption capabilities (measured in Amps or G-Force)
- Adjustability ranges of the treadmill (adjustable stride, belt width, etc.)
- Folding capability: are you a space saver? Do you have room to store your treadmill?
4. Energy/Power Rating- Unit Consumption of Treadmill
Treadmill runs on motors and at times these can be really power-hungry. Plan ahead in terms of wattage or power rating and how many hours you will be using them on daily basis. This can give you an estimate of potential uplift on your next electricity bill. :
5. Warranty and Maintenance
These are devices we don’t buy on daily basis, so always for a reputable brand with at least 2 years of warranty. All reputable brands will give you more than 24 months of warranty.
Please note that the treadmill warranty can include several different parts. Typically, warranties include:
- Warranty on the motor – typically 1-3 years
- Warranty on other parts – typically 90 days to 1 year
- Labor coverage – typically 30-90 days If you plan to use your home treadmill a lot, consider buying a treadmill with a longer warranty period.
6. Digital Display Screen and easy to use Console
Ask yourself, “Does the layout make sense?” The vendor should demonstrate some basic buttons like Start and Stop, but after the first few minutes, the buttons and console should make sense intuitively.
Display Screens should be intuitive. It should be an easy-to-use console that allows users to easily track their progress, program their own workouts, and measure their heart rate. The digital display screen should show time, distance, speed, fat burned and calories burned.
7. Shock absorption system
This is a big “advantage” for almost all treadmills, but be careful. When you walk fast or run, does the structure feel firm and stable but unpredictable? It shouldn’t feel “flexible” or stretchy, as this type of cushioning can cause long-term knee injuries and wear out quickly. On the other end of the spectrum, don’t buy a treadmill that looks like it’s running on asphalt
8. Emergency Stop Button in Treadmill
This is an item that many people will overlook. But you must be very careful, the emergency button gives more safety to your training, being able to lock the treadmill in case any problem happens.
Manual Vs Motorized Treadmills
One of the key considerations you have to make is whether to buy a Manual treadmill or a Motorized/electric one.
Treadmills can be Electric or Mechanical, and this choice will make a lot of difference in your training:
- Electric/Motorized Treadmill: These are powered by DC motors to generate the required power to boost your workout. It also lets you choose what speed you want to train at and some have features like heart rate measurement.
- Mechanical/Manual Treadmill: The motorized treadmill works at your own pace. It can give you an intense lower workout but do they can be hardly used for running. Although the models are more affordable, it is a more difficult treadmill to train, especially for those who are not used to it.15 Best Treadmills in India are
Frequently Asked Questions on Treadmills for Home
Now, let us address some of the common questions, people come across before buying a treadmill.
1. Is walking on a treadmill just as good as walking outside?
Treadmill walking is a great way to burn extra calories each day to help you lose weight and boost your mood. Treadmill walking can be done any time of the day, without worrying about the weather outside. And you don’t have to walk at a fast pace. Burn up to 5 times more body fat by using a treadmill versus just by running outside.
If you are still not convinced, here are some other benefits of walking on a treadmill:
- Walking helps in lowering blood pressure which is good for heart health
- It helps increase bone density and improves posture and balance
- Walking helps in strengthening muscles
- It reduces cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD)
2. How do I choose an indoor model vs an outdoor one?
Indoor treadmills tend to be a little more expensive than outdoor ones, but that’s because they have safety features and conveniences that outdoor models don’t. But don’t let the price deter you; there are still plenty of options for all budgets.
When comparing features, the noise level is one of the most important things to look for in indoor treadmills because many people like to use them while watching television or listening to music. If the treadmill is too loud, it can interfere with your ability to watch TV or listen to your music. Some manufacturers offer special designs that reduce the noise level of their machines.
Other considerations include how much space you have in your home and whether or not you want a model that can be folded up when it’s not being used. Some indoor models are also designed for use on carpeted floors, which can help protect your floors from damage caused by running shoes.
3. What is the Treadmill Price in India?
The price of a Treadmill in India can vary on multiple factors such as manual vs motorized, available features such as digital displays, heart sensors, accessories such as sound system, Bluetooth, etc. In our research, we found that basic treadmill Prices can start from upwards of Rs 9000 and you can get a good quality treadmill with all the latest bells and whistles by Rs 25000.
4. Should I buy a Treadmill for Home?
A great Treadmill at home can solve many of your daily cardio needs. A treadmill is something you will not buy frequently, it’s the kind of investment that you are doing for your health and fitness. Just like a typical investment, you should do all the due diligence to find the best ROI on your investment.
If you ask my suggestion, If you are planning to buy one for yourself or family members, you should not just go for the looks or a cheaper alternative but instead look for a value for money, durability, and quality after-sales service treadmill.
5. Electricity Consumption of a Treadmill
A good quality treadmill will run on average 10 hours per week at 5 miles (8km) per hour which means that it will be running for 500 hours a year. This estimation is much more than that of other small home fitness equipment such as elliptical machines and stationary bikes.
Now a decent treadmill has at least 2 hp of power rating. We know 1 hp is equivalent to approximately 750 watts. So a 2Hp will consume almost 1.5 units of power in f run for an hour.
Before I go into a detailed review, I want you to pay attention to some of the features that you may miss out on since we hardly buy such devices even though most of us have used one or another in our local gym. But first, let me share a list of our top picks!
6. How treadmills can help you reduce weight ? Is treadmill good for weight loss?
Treadmills are equipment that will help you accomplish your daily cardio needs. To maintain a healthy life one should walk at least 10000 steps or 8KM as recommended by CDC.
ATredmill can help you do lighter or long walks or running, which can sometimes be aimed at speed or endurance.
Thus, we must emphasize that both walking and running are part of your daily exercises or aerobics routine, which are nothing more than the most adequate exercises to ensure your own weight loss.
7. How to choose an electric treadmill ?
The first step is to bet on treadmills that have good ergonomics on the handrail, as this is how the individual can change hands several times while walking or jogging.
On the other hand, it is necessary to consider the relationship between the weight supported by the treadmill and its own weight. If you're approaching 110 kg, it's not a good idea to opt for equipment that supports up to 110 kg, as this can be a shot in the foot.
Rohan is a Computer science engineer by profession, you will always find him chit-chatting on the tech feature of products he owns. He is an avid online shopper and is always in search of the best deals. He is an expert Product reviewer and owns a Youtube channel, where he frequently reviews products bought online.
Last update on 2022-05-20 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API