Are you looking for the best slow cooker in India or do you want to know what is Slow cooker and whether it makes sense for you to buy one? Well, we will cover all the details and review on best slow cookers in India.
What is Slow Cooker | What is Crock Pot | Electric Instant Cooker
Slow cookers are slow-cooking appliances that take longer to cook food. They are the opposite of pressure cookers, which can cook food quickly. Because of their ceramic crock inside, slow cookers are also called crock pots. A slow cooker can be used for up to 10 hours depending on the type of food.
Slow cookers are also known as Crock-Pot or countertop electrical cookers, Some people also call them Instant Pot. So you got the idea that these cookers are specially designed to cook food at different temperature settings.
Since these are powered by electricity or electrical in nature, typical you can plan your cooking duration as well as cooking temperature through a knob.
Now I guess it might sense for you that you indeed need to buy a slow cooker since it will give you that freedom of not constantly checking if your food is getting overcooked since you forgot to switch off.
Before I go into the detailed review of some of the best slow cookers in India, let me share my top list and recommendations.
List of Best Slow Cookers in India
Best Slow Cooker/Instant Pot in India 2022
Best Choice- Wonderchef Slow Cooker
Wonderchef is also as its a slow cooker and it comes with a brand name of as Nutri-Pot Electric Pressure Cooker. It comes with 7 in 1 feature as the main highlight. Some of features worth mentioning are as below.
- Wonderchef Nutri-Pot 7-in-1: It is a combination of 7 different kitchen appliances all in one so that you do not need separate appliances for your different cooking needs. Make variety of Indian & even Western recipes in the Nutri-Pot.
- One Touch Automatic Pressure Cooker:Prepare your favourite dishes all at the press of a button. The automatic operation makes cooking very easy and convenient for a beginner too!
- Cooking made simple with 18 pre-set functions:From plain rice to pulav, Khichdi or even a Biryani is possible in Nutri-Pot. It acts as a steamer, slow cooker and can also saute / bhuna the ingredients. Explore delicious Indian curries in vegetarian or even meat based curries to some lip-smacking desserts.
- Cook with perfection: Nutri-Pot is equipped with intelligent microcomputer that is programmed to the requirements of the dish that you select. It keeps the temperature and pressure at optimum levels and keeps adjusting the heating intensity to help you make the perfect dish.
- 7 in 1 feature- This combination of 7 kitchen appliances is all-in-one, so you don’t need to have separate ones for different cooking needs. The Nutri-Pot can be used to make a variety of Western and Indian recipes.
- One-touch Automatic Pressure Cooker: Prepare all your favorite dishes with just a push of a button. It’s easy to use and very convenient for beginners!
- You can cook with Nutri-Pot’s 18 pre-set functions. From plain rice to pulav or Khichdi, and even Biryani. It can be used as a slow cooker, steamer, and can also be used to saute/bhuna ingredients. Discover delicious Indian curries, vegetarian and meat-based.
- Colour: Grey; Material: Brushed stainless steel outer shell and removable ceramic pot inside; Capacity: 6 Litres
- Power Consumption: 220V - 240V, 50-60 Hz; Voltage: 320 Watts; Comes with VDE Plug with black fixed power cord (120cm)
- Temperature Setting: Warm, Low, and High; Comes with a power indicator light
- Automatic Keep Warm function: Keeps the food warm until ready to serve
- Maintenance: The removable inner oval ceramic pot and lid rest facilitates convenient serving & easy cleaning
- It is made up of premium quality material
- It is durable and long lasting.
- It ensures you get the best usage for a longer period
- Tempered Glass Lid- Dishwasher safe tempered glass lid with cool touch knob keeps ingredients moist and tender
- Ceramic Pot- 4000ml dishwasher safe ceramic insert pot is perfect for joint family or for some gathering
- 3 Heat Settings- Low, High, and Warm settings will cook or keep your food hot
- Stay Cool Handles- Heat resistant for safe handling from kitchen to table
- Portable- Keeps food safe on the go with a hinged locking lid and carrying handles. Since there's no need to repack food in other containers, traveling is easier
- Easy travel with Lid Latch strap
- Mix and match temperature with your choice of cooking times
- More programming options than Crock-Pot Smart-Pot slow cooker
- Easy programmable meals - no watching or stirring
- Easy-clean touch pad
- FlexCookâ„ mode: Select 1st heat setting & cooking time then select 2nd heat setting & cooking time - For example, you can: cook on high 3 hours, then low 6 hours or cook on low 4 hours, then high 2 hours. After cooking, it shifts to warm
- Stay or GoÂ clip-tight sealed lid for easy transport
- Power interrupt protection - keeps slow cooker on during a brief power outage
- Dishwasher safe stoneware & glass lid
- Full-grip handles make carrying meals easier
- Dishwasher safe stoneware & lid for fast, easy cleanup
- 4 settings include off, low, high & warm
- Perfect size for a 4 lb chicken or two 2 lb roasts
- Stoneware is stainproof and removable for tabletop serving
- Stoneware is suitable for refrigerator storage
- Removable stoneware for easy cleaning
- 4 quart capacity
- Dishwasher safe stoneware
- Keep warm setting
- Dishwasher safe glass lid
- 1.5 Quart removable inner stoneware pot
- Convenient LOW / HIGH / KEEP WARM settings
- Attractive stainless steel finish
- Tempered clear glass lid
- Cool-touch handles and knobs
Important features of Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) -Buying Guide
Quality of Build Material
If you verify that the product you purchase has this characteristic, your family and you are free from the harmful consequences of toxic chemicals to your health.
Wattage/rating of Crock Pot/Instant Pot
Well, as a thumb rule more wattage means more powerful your slow cooker will be, meaning if set at the max temperature it can quickly heat to prepare your food more quickly. In our opinion, anything above 500 watts is enough for an Indian household.
Cooking Volume capacity of Crock-Pot
If you carefully check the capacity for the cooker you’re considering buying you can determine whether it’s sufficient to accommodate the number of household members.
This function is crucial because you will be able to make your cooking more precise of your food. The reason behind this is that there are certain temperatures and amounts of time required for each ingredient in food to have a better texture and flavor.
It allows you to take your slow cooker outside whenever and wherever you want to without any issues.
Quality Lids for heat locking
The lock-lid feature in the slow cooker you purchase will provide you with the peace of mind that there is not be any spills that occur. This will also ensure that the temperature of the food remains inside the slow cooker making cooking much more efficient.
Availability of Thermostat for Temperature control
This feature can save you a lot of energy and also stop overheating from happening.
This feature stops particles from sticking to the bowl and will aid in cleaning the bowl without difficulty. It also increases the durability of the product since it helps prevent chips and scratches from occurring.
With this feature, you are able to multitask as you can decide when you would like the cooker slow to begin working.
It is vital to be sure that the item is covered by warranties to give you an amount of protection should there is a problem with the product occurs.
Always check to you that the slow cooker you’re looking to purchase has reasonable energy consumption. This way you will reduce the amount you spend on electricity costs.
Slow Cookers frequently asked Questions
Who Should buy slow Cooker?
If you are rushed to work and don’t have the time to cook, slow cookers will be a great choice. It’s easy to set it up at night and have food ready for you in the morning.
For those who don’t have the time or patience to cook lunch, slow cookers are a great option. The cooker can be set up in the morning to prepare the perfect meal. The food absorbs most of the flavors, and the dish is bursting with aromas because it has been cooked for a long time.
Slow Cooker Price in India
There are multiple factors that determine the price of the slow cooker or crockpot. Such as available features, energy efficiency, wattage, brand value, etc. In Our Opinion, a quality slow cooker from a reputed brand can cost you anywhere in upward of Rs 4000.
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists!
Last update on 2022-01-27 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API