So you are here on this page, which means you already know what is an Electric Rice cooker or which are some of the best rice cookers available right now to buy. But even you don’t know much about a rice cooker, like how they work and how they are different from traditional cookers, we have got you covered.
We will cover all these features, their work in great detail and you can decide if rice cookers are fit your usage.
For most of us in India, I can safely say that rice is a quintessential staple food and we all cook at least once a day. Steamed rice can be used in many Indian dishes, including biryani, pilav, and others. It doesn’t matter what kind of recipe you use, rice should always be cooked correctly and efficiently. That’s why a rice cooker is so useful.
Before we further discuss individual rice cookers and learn more about buying guide, le me quickly share our top choice for the best rice cookers in India
List of Best Rice Cookers in India 2022
What is a Rice Cooker
I would start by mentioning that a rice cooker mainly runs on electricity and is specially designed to cook rice or food that requires some sort of steam method of cooking.
It has a removable power cord, which makes it easy to transport. The rice cooker is made from sturdy stainless steel with a tight-fitting lid. Its cool-touch handle makes it easy to use and safe, which will allow you to cook quicker.
Difference between Rice cookers and Traditional pressure Cookers
A rice cooker can be used to cook rice quickly and perfectly on a gas stove. Many rice cookers have a variety of technology features that make it easy to prepare fluffy rice in a matter of seconds. Rice cookers are also great for preparing other grains like quinoa, oats, and polenta. This guide will help you choose the best rice cooker for your kitchen.
How to buy an Electric Rice Cooker- Buying Guide
Now that you have made up your mind about a rice cooker, you should look for the below feature before making a purchase.. Be sure to choose the best choice based on your personal preferences:
There aren’t all rice cookers identical in size. It’s nevertheless easy to find the one which is the most appropriate for the quantity you’re looking to cook. Most often, the content ratio is determined by the amount of (raw) cups it is able to hold. One cup typically represents two servings.
A typical 2.2 Liters capacity rice cooker can cook around 1.25 Kg Rice which is enough for a family size of 4-5 Members.
The inside of your stove must be constructed out of stainless steel and fittings made of plastic that is suitable for food preparation. So you can be sure that the stove is durable and have the longevity of use.
Be sure that your pan isn’t squeezing into one another. This feature helps with cleaning. Much like Teflon. However, keep in mind that it can be cleaned using gentle sponges or towels!
When you purchase electrical appliances, energy consumption is a major factor. Absolutely, for this kind of appliance, it is best to choose a product with high power because it lets for the cooking process to be faster.
However, the dimensions that a rice cooker can affect its power. Large rice cookers require more power to cook the rice in a shorter amount of time. Small rice cookers in contrast can cook rice fast even though they have lesser power.
Small rice cookers usually run between 350 to 400 Watts. The larger models can reach 700 or 800 watts.
Available Cooking Options
The most important functions that your stove should possess are various cooking options. It allows you to cook rice in the way you prefer. It is also crucial to have an automatic shut-off or timer. So the process of using them becomes more efficient. Make sure you maintain the temperatures of the food items.
The most modern rice cookers, also known as the smart calls, are able to substitute various kitchen equipment. They include functions such as defrosting and oven mode for baking cakes, among other luxuries. Additionally, models from more recent brands like Xiaomi offer their own mobile apps.
Best Electric Rice cookers India
- Content: Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker (1.8 Open Type with Aluminium Cooking Pan-2U)
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit.Voltage : 230 V
- Voltage: 230V; Wattage: 700W
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Troubleshooting guidelines: Do not wash the main body of cooker or immerse it in water. Its electrical insulation may get damaged. Read user manual carefully before use
- 1.8-Litre capacity; 1Kg raw rice cooking capacity
- The Cooking Bowl is Aluminum with anodized finish. Steamer : No
- Automatic cooking. Keep Warm : No
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 550 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
- Has Auto Keep Warm Function Has Water Level Indicator
- Total Volume: 2.2 Ltr/Cooks Up To 1.25 Kg Raw Rice
- Anodized aluminium pan
- 5 hours keep warm function
- Warranty: 2 years on product and 5 years on heater
- Power: 750 watts; Operating voltage: 220-240 volts
- Transparent lid for monitoring of rice
- Easy straight forward operation
- Perfect size and weight for travel
- Smart buy for single/couples
- Cool touch handles
- Auto cooking; Auto cut-off; Anodized aluminium cooking pan
- Capacity: Pre-Cooking is 1.0 Liter; Post cooking is 2.7 Liter. In KG 600 Gram Raw Rice cook in the cooker
- Total Volume-2.7 Litre ; Raw Capacity-0.5 Litre
- Scoop holder
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Electric rice cooker for the ease of everyday cooking
- Cook up to 1 kg of rice at a time for the entire family
- Comes with 2 aluminium pans, measuring cup, rice scoop and stainless steel lid. Food grade accessories ensure safe cooking standards
- Easy to use; warm and cook modes with a convenient water level indicator
- Automatically switches to warm mode once rice is cooked. Equipped with cool-touch handles, BIS plug and cable for extra safety
- Auto cooking
- Auto cut-off, Comes with Cooking Plate
- Anodized aluminium cooking pan
- Scoop holder
- Warranty: 2 years on product and 5 years on heater
- Tempered Glass Lid for easy view
- Dual Heater and dedicated indication for ‘Cooking’ and ‘Keep Warm’ function
- Hassle Free Cooking with Steamer and Additional Cooking pot accessories
- Aluminium anodised cooking pan
- Auto cut-off function
- Steam momos, modaks, vegetables, meat, fish as well as boil eggs effortlessly with the steamer attachment
- Gleaming stainless steel outer body adds beauty to your kitchen
- Removable non-stick inner pot, easy to clean and maintain
- - Single button with cook and keep warm function for easy operation
- Tempered glass lid with steam vent offers to see through cookingsteaming
Electric Rice Cooker Frequently Asked questions
1. How to Clean your Electric Rice Cooker
Rice cookers are easy to use and clean. However, it is essential that you take the best possible care of them. To do this, clean it after each use to prevent food from sticking to it and to prevent stains that are difficult to remove. The following steps will help you understand how to do this:
- Look for the instructions: There are particularities that change from one stove to another, because, being household appliances, there are aspects that can change in the design or in the disassembly elements. Based on this, some forms of cleaning may change.
- Unplug your rice cooker: Remove its lid and let it cool completely. This takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. After cooling, remove the removable parts.
- Wash the inner vase and accessories: Immerse it first if necessary. You can wash it in the dishwasher, but if your kitchen doesn’t have it, scrub it with soap, hot water, and a soft sponge to avoid scratching.
- Clean the lid: If the lid is removable, just add soap and rinse with warm water. If it cannot be removed, use a damp sponge to scrub and then a towel. Be careful not to put water on the sides of the pan.
- Removing Exterior Stains: This area can usually be stained with residue. To remove them, use a damp cloth. If your rice cooker allows it, you can spray some cleaning solution, but remember, never from the inside!
- Dry the parts: Allow everything you washed to drain. After that, use a dry towel to prevent accessories from getting wet. Remember that everything must be completely dry before reassembly.
What are other food items that can be cooked using the rice cooker?
The answer to this question is very subjective and is totally dependent on the type of rice cooker you buy. Always read instructions and product features both online and offline if you are intending to use them to cook other food items apart from rice.
Different varieties of rice are cooked using rice cookers. These include brown rice, white rice, and sushi. Additionally more sophisticated rice dishes like rice pudding or risotto can be prepared in rice cookers. It’s also a wonderful companion to seafood or chicken dishes. But, it can also be used in the preparation of different dishes, including:
- Oatmeal If you love boiling oatmeal then you can make it easily in your steamer.
- Cakes To make a steam-cooked cake Add half one teaspoon of oil prior to adding the cake mix. Cover the pot, and then check it every 45 minutes. After 45 minutes put a toothpick into the middle of the mix. If it’s dry, it’s done. If not, you can leave it for another few minutes.
- Popcorn It’s true, it’s possible to prepare your evening movie snack using the rice cooker.
- vegetable: If you feel you want to eat a salad cooked and you have a rice cooker, you can make use of the rice cooker in order to cook the ingredients.
- Soups and consommes: Fill with water or broth, and then add any vegetables you want. You can add beef or chicken.
- Pasta Rice cookers you can cook any kind of pasta since they can be cooked with this gadget.
If you have decided to buy a rice steamer cooker, you refer to our article and make a smart purchase decision. It has a lot of beneficial features that you may want to have in your kitchen. As we could examine in our article, it’s an extremely versatile appliance where you can cook many meals.
Be sure to consider options like capacities and functions to ensure that you can select the one that is best suited to your requirements. Be up-to-date with your manual for users, and we’re sure you’ll get the most of it!
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists!
Last update on 2022-01-27 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API