Thinking of that crunchy lip-smacking classic Dosa, wrapped with a sauté of squash, potatoes, and corn with awesome green chutney! I know your mouth must have been all watery now thinking of the taste! Well, the good news is you can get the exact taste and finesse right at your home. All you need is a great Dosa Tawa and the right ingredients readily available in your kitchen.
Dosa Tawas is now becoming one of the essential cookware in Indian households. In this article I will explain, how did I bought the best dosa Tawa, highlighting features you need to look for some other important purchase points. This should help you buy your quality Dosa Tawa that will get you going.
Before we go into detail about the merits and demerits of individual dosa Tawa, I will share our top list.
List of Best Dosa Tawa in India 2021
Dosa Tawa Buying Guide | Features of Dosa Tawa
Gas & Induction Compatible
Many Indian households now own Induction cooktops. Plan your Tawa buy accordingly which gives you that convenient cooking options. Select a pan base that allows you to cook on both gas and induction cook-tops.
Always look for quality non-stick Tawas as will help you cook that great oil-freeDosa. What we also suggest is to go with a toughened hard-anodized surface if you are a frequent user. Toughened hard anodized coatings last longer compared to a normal coating.
The thickness of any utensil will tell you about the quality of the product. Do a simple go to market and look for cheaper variants, lets say you went to Dmart, you will find that all cheaper Tawas or any utensils for that matter will be quite thinner and lighter. We recommend at least 4mm of minimum thickness for any quality Tawa. A thicker Tawa will also get heated quite uniformly and will prevent unnecessary burns that you might have experienced in your foods.
Since we are talking about mostly making dishes such as Dosas and uttapams we recommend using a Tawa which is flat enough to evenly spread your batter. if your Tawa has the right amount of curve you will not face oil does spills, which are quite unsafe when cooking on gas or other open flame cooktops.
Handles and Rivet Quality
You might have experienced a wobbling Tawa, that’s because rivets are of not top quality. Your Tawa handle might also feel flimsy if you have not purchased a quality product. A premium Tawa should give you a sense of strong easy to operate feeling. This will only come from a quality stainless steel rivet firmly attached to the handle shank ensuring a wobble-free experience
look for at least 1 year of warranty on your Tawa. All major brands should provide you with 1 year of warranty.
Country of Origin
You know it right. Always go for made-in-India products especially if you are buying nonstick Tawa.
Cast Iron Dosa Tawa Vs Non-Stick Aluminum Dosa Tawa
In my opinion, cast iron based dosa Tawa are in trend given the fact that they may full fill some of the required iron content in your food. we have covered cast iron benefits in detail here in a dedicated article ” Best Cast Iron Cookware India” where we have listed some of the other cast iron co0kware you should buy.
Now Non-Stick Tawa has its own benefits such as they do not require seasoning and are comparatively easy to maintain. You will consume less oil if you cook in non-stick meaning a much healthier food than cooking in other Tawas.
Our Recommendation- Best Dosa Tawa India 2021
1. Meyer Induction Base Cast Iron Tawa
Save ₹ 875 Now
Meyer Induction Base Cast Iron Tawa, 28 cm, Black, 1 Piece
2. Bhagya Cast Iron Cookware Pre Seasoned Dosa Tawa
- Crispy Dosas and Uthappams Rich With Iron Content.
- The Bhagya Cast Iron Dosa tawa is Pre-Seasoned Naturally with Gingely oil , No Chemicals Used
- Though Pre-Seasoned we recommend you season it once again before your first use. Seasoning and Maintenance instructions are clearly detailed in Instruction Manual
- Cook on Gas, Electric and Induction Stoves
- Comes with a one year Warranty
3. The Indus Valley Pre Seasoned Super Smooth Cast Iron Tawa
- Impressively smooth surface to give you satisfying cooking results.
- Requires very less oil for cooking
- Long handle for comfortable grip and easy handling
- Pre-seasoned with clean and edible oil
- Not coated with toxic chemicals or plastic
4. Prestige Cast Iron Dosa Tawa
- Even heat distribution
- Retains heat for long
- Scratch resistant
- Compatible with all heat sources
- Heavy Gauge - lasts for generation
5. Rock Tawa Dosa Tawa 12 Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Ideal for cutting down on oil and butter use
- Use on gas, electric or induction stovetops
- Increases iron content of food
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Colour: Black, Material: Cast Iron, Shape: Round
6. Urbanhouse Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dosa Tawa 12 inches
- Dosa tawa 12-inch Cast Iron with two handle. Easily make crispy round buttery dosa and the ever tempting egg omelette
- NO synthetic material or chemical applied- With simple vegetable oil, seasoning technique helps create a chemical free non-stick surface over a periode of time
- Saves cooking gas:- made by pure cast iron which quickly absorbs heat equally all sides of dosa tawa. Lid Included : No
- It gives more iron to the food & it is easy to clean & maintain
- Two side of handle makes cooking comfortable
7. Dynamic Cookwares Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Tawa for Dosa
- Flat cast iron 11 inch tawa - Ready to use, Naturally non-stick and Induction Compatible
- Features thick base for slow and evenly cooked iron rich crisp dosas, fluffy rotis and even melt in your mouth pizzas.
- Satin smooth glossy cooking surface for easy release of dosas.
- Ergonomically designed dual handle for comfy grip.
- Pre-seasoned naturally with organic cold-pressed gingelly oil. NO chemicals used.
Non Stick Aluminium Tawa
8. Hawkins Futura Q28 Non-Stick Flat Dosa
- PFOA free non-stick. 4.88 mm thick - extra thick for even heating - diffuses heat fast. Dishwasher Safe : No. Lid Included : No
- Superior Futura Non-stick - which is applied on hard anodised surface to last longer
- Easy to cook with - well balanced pan and handle. Stay-cool handle - comfortable to hold
- Riveted handle - sturdy stainless steel rivets
- Heat sources - works on gas and electric cooktops
9. Cello Non Stick Aluminium Tawa
- Specific Uses of Product: Making Rotis/Indian Bread Items
- Included Components: Tawa
- Warranty: 1 Year Warranty
10. Pigeon by Stovekraft Non-Stick Aluminum Multi Tawa
- Strong and sturdy cool-touch handle
- Heats evenly, cooks faster
- 4mm thick body with spiral bottom
- Triple layered scratch-resistant greblon
- Non-stick coating from Germany
11. Vinod Zest Non-Stick Ceramic Flat Multi Tawa
- A Made in INDIA product
- Thick 4 mm 100% Virgin aluminium ensures even heat distribution which ensures the food does not burn
- Triple layered with Swiss technology, scratch-proof non-stick coating
- PFOA Free, which ensures fully non toxic coatings. You can enjoy food absolutely worry free
- Triple riveted handles which ensures handles don’t get loose over long period of time
How to Maintain a Dosa Tawa
In case you are using a nonsticky i.e a coating based tawa. Always remember
- Do not use a sharp object such as a knife to scratch and clean the surface
- Avoid Steel wool scrubbing while cleaning
- Avoid high heat ( High heat is only fine for cast iron-based Tawas)
- Do not store food longer in Tawa
- Avoid cooking more acidic foods
#best cast iron dosa Tawa
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists!
Last update on 2021-11-28 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API