List of Best Cast Iron Cookware in India
Cast iron Cookware Buying Guide
Cast iron pots are literally a hot trend in the market. Cast iron cookware is not only a healthier option compared to much nonstick cookware but has health benefits as well. Prominent health dedicated websites such as WebMD suggest that For safe cooking at all temps, use cast iron, enameled cast iron, or stainless steel.
1. Seasoned Cast Iron Non-stick surface
Did you know that a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet is naturally non-stick! That’s right, unlike other non-stick cookware, cast iron pots and pans are not coated with synthetic materials and are potentially harmful to your health. This means that you can prepare meals with less oil – and less guilt, as this contributes to the preparation of a healthier and less fatty diet.
2. Cast iron pans conserve heat for a longer time
Cast iron cookware, due to its material, naturally retains heat – that is, it gets hotter – much better and for much longer, than other similar-sized pots and pans. Therefore, if you decide to serve a dish in the frying pan, your food will likely remain warm throughout the meal, without having to reheat it, which saves time, heat and still retains the flavor of your fresh recipe and at the ideal temperature for consumption.
3. Add iron to food content
Iron is very important for the functioning of your body, and therefore for your health, being one of those responsible for the composition of hemoglobin, a pigment found in red blood cells, which is responsible for the transport of oxygen. In addition, iron is also indispensable for energy metabolism.
So, if you are iron deficient, cooking with cast iron pots and pans can be a good strategy that can help increase your iron intake. After all, they add more of this important mineral to their food and help provide the 18 mg of iron that adult women need daily, for better functioning of their body.
4. Durability of cast Iron Cookware
As cast iron pans are made from the same base material that builds the engine blocks, they guarantee a very, very long and resistant life. And you believe that in fact, the more you cook with it, the better (and more experienced) it gets, so yes, in many cases we can agree that “old pot also makes good food”.
5. Cast iron pans are cheaper and more accessible
Cast iron pans are made by casting molten iron that is poured into pan-shaped molds or “molds”. They are quite simple to make, cast iron pots and pans are generally cheaper and more accessible compared to artisanal pots, made from other materials.
6. The surprising versatility of cast iron cookware
You can use cast iron pans for just about any cooking task. Depending on your intention and need, you can use them to sauté mushrooms, steaks, roast chicken and other roasts, fries, and even bake cakes, among many other greengrocers and desserts.
Best cast iron cookware Brand in India-Review
These are our best picks of Cast Iron Cookware you can buy from Amazon
1. Meyer Cast Iron Cookware
A great addition to any kitchen, Meyer’s seasoned cast iron skillet will add a lifetime of flavor to your meals. Seasoned with multiple coats of natural oil and designed to be rust-free with small care, it comes with a heat-resistant grip that makes cooking easy.
It has an elongated handle for easy handling and efficient stirring as well as heat resistant grip. With unmatched durability, this pan can stand up to the wear and tear of everyday use with ease.
- 24 Cm Size, Ideal for 3-4 member family
- Toxin-free material(No Enamel and Chemical Coating)
- Comes Pre-seasoned, you can do regular seasoning for a chemical-free natural non-stick surface for low oil cooking
- Uni-body ‘one-piece’ design with easy pouring lips – free of any screws or weld joints
- Suitable for all cooktops including Induction. Comes with two canvas grips (for each side handle) for easy handling
- Lifetime warranty
2. Vinod Cast Iron Cookware
Vinod Legacy Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware is a heavy-duty, long-lasting cast iron cookware. This is perfect for everyday use. Comes with a comfortable heat-resistant canvas grip handle.
You can use these skillets on any type of stovetop including gas, or induction cooktops. Features traditional brown seasoning that is ready to use out of the box. The Vinod Legacy set provides you with the best value for price and quality! This pot and pan set will never let you down.
- Comes as Preseasoned
- Product Dimension- LxWxH 41.5 x 24.5 x 5 Centimeters
- Diameter- 2 inches or 5 cm
- Comes with a Long handle and opposite helper handle for a secure hold
- Quality Cast iron for even heating and retention
3. Lodge Induction Base Cast Iron Pan
Lodge Induction Base Cast Iron Pan is made in the USA of heavy-weight cast iron for excellent heat retention and distribution. It’s induction friendly so you can cook on any of your favorite electric or gas stoves, as well as your own DIY campfire setup.
Its flat bottom makes it possible to get a nice crust on all types of food no matter how you cook it. If you’re an outdoor enthusiast, this pan will make a great gift for anyone that spends time in the great outdoors cooking meals over an open flame.
- 12" seasoned cast iron dual handle pan
- The right tool to sear, saute, bake, broil, braise, fry or grill
- At home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or over the campfire; great for induction cooktops
- Brutally tough for decades of cooking
- Made in the USA
4. Prestige Cast Iron Cookware- Fry Pan
The Prestige Cast Iron Fry Pan is the perfect product if you are a fan of frying and cooking with cast iron. The Prestige brand has been around for decades and is trusted by many in India.
It has features such as the heave gauge and scratch resistance, this fry pan is considered to last for generations. It can be used on all types of heat sources, so there is no problem if you have an Induction Stove or Gas range at home.
- Even heat distribution
- Retains heat for long
- Scratch resistant
- Compatible with all heat sources
- Heavy gauge - lasts for generations
5. Lodge Cast Iron Cookware- Frying Pan with Assist Handle
The Lodge cast iron fry pan is made of 100% pure cast iron and is Made in the USA, so it will last you for years to come and it’s guaranteed not to warp or lose shape over time. This heavy-duty frying pan features a long assist handle which makes it easier for lifting and moving when filled with food. If you’re looking for a great gift idea for your favorite cook or an upgrade from their existing pan, this Lodge Cast Iron Fry Pan with Assist Handle is what you need.
- Specific Uses of Product: Fry
- Included Components: Frying Pan
- Special Features: Pre-Seasoned
6. Bhagya Cast Iron Cookware Cast Iron Frying Pan
This versatile cast iron frying pan can be used as a traditional deep-fry or to make delicious South Indian dishes such as okara patty, idli parotta, dosa, etc. It is a must-have in every Indian kitchen.
This sturdy, heavy-duty frying pan distributes the heat evenly making it ideal for all types of cooking needs! Made in Coimbatore India, Bhagya cast iron cookware will last you generations.
- Suitable for shallow fry, sauté,deep fry, gravy. Cast iron skillet helps quick and easy cooking with less oil.
- Sturdy and free iron content
- Ready to use naturally seasoned with gingerly oil.
- Comes with one year warranty. Compatible with Gas stove and Induction top.
7. Indus Valley Cast Iron Cookware (Pre Seasoned Super Smooth Cast Iron Skillet)
The Indus Valley Pre-Seasoned Super Smooth Cast Iron Skillet allows you to cook with the ease of regular cast iron but with a variety of modern cooking methods such as frying, baking, and searing.
This pre-seasoned skillet is ready for a lifetime of use! It is made from an exclusive non-toxic alloy, making it rust-proof and durable. The nonstick coating ensures that food does not stick to the pan making it perfect for use with cooking sprays, olive oil or butter.
- 📏DIMENSIONS - LBH : 39.4 x 25.2 x 5.3 cm | Weight : 2.43 kg
- 💪HEALTHY - Cast iron Pan are the best when compared to other chemical coated non-stick Pan's. They add iron to the food that makes food even healthier. They can last longer with proper seasoning and care. Tasty - expect improved taste when cooking in cast iron Pan. Chicken & Veggies taste much better in cast iron Pan compared to other vessels.
- 🍽️READY TO USE & FOOD SAFE - A new cast iron Pan is pre-seasoned with edible oil. So one can start cooking in it. However, before the initial use, a gentle wash is recommended.
- 👨🍳USE & CARE - Clean the Pan completely using mild liquid/water and pat dry using a soft cloth. Then apply cooking oil all over a surface and leave it for 6 hours. And then heat the Pan under medium flame for 5 mins. After 5 mins, switch it off and let it cool down completely. Repeat the process for 3- 4 times before starting to cook to get your desired result.
- 📦PACKAGE CONTANS : 1 Pan
8. 70’S KITCHEN Cast Iron Cookware- Double Handle Skillet Pan
70’s Kitchen Cast Iron Skillet Pan offers a taste of the past with its double handle design and comfortable grip. With its non-harmful coating, you can cook foods evenly for less oily messes, but be sure to let them cool before storing them for long-term use. This classic double handle cast iron pan has a lifetime cooking partner!
These beautiful Tawas are beautifully hand-crafted by various skilled artisans from Tamilnadu.
- Pack Contains : 1 Double handle cast iron skillet, weight 3.3kg, capacity 1.8ltr, thickness 6.2mm. At 70's kitchen, we do a traditional way of seasoning (3times) with organic heating.
- Get back to our traditional way of cooking with 70's kitchen cast iron cookwares. Our products are hand-seasoned with vegetable oil and beautifully hand-crafted by various skilled artisans of Tamilnadu.
- Our 70's kitchen skillet comes with a silicon handle (removable) cover that makes it simple to transfer the pan from the stovetop to the table.
- Multipurpose cookware for searing, sauteing, simmering, braising, baking, roasting and frying. It works on the stove-tops,electric cook-tops, induction cook-tops. As iron deficiency is more common these days, food prepared in a cast iron will helps your body with iron intake and also experience the enhanced taste in your preparation.
- Non-stick coated pans are known to emit toxic fumes when they are heated past a certain temperature. Cast iron poses none of these risks, and can be heated to extremely high temperatures without negative effects.
9. Healthy Choices Cast Iron Skillet Frying Pan
- Skillet seasoned with oil for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use. The skillet gets better and more flavorful with use over time. To keep delicate foods from sticking, wipe the product with a light coating of oil before cooking.
- This is a heavy skillet as it is made using the purest grade cast iron. It has a diameter of almost 9 inches. It is fitted with a convenient handle specially designed and engineered for a skillet of this size and weight.
- The right tool to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry or grill. This products can be used on all types of heat sources – gas stove, electric, induction, oven, ceramic, or over an open fire.
- Easy to clean and lasts forever with proper care-simply hand wash with gentle soap and warm water and dry thoroughly. Easy care: hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil
- L: 41cm, W: 24cm, H: 7.5cm, Thickness: 0.3cm, Weight: 2.02kg.
10. Basic Essentials Induction Base Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Base Type: Induction
- Specific Uses of Product: Fry, Special Features: Oven Compatible, Pre-Seasoned
- Included Components: 3 Pack of Frying Pan
How to Season Cast Iron cookware
You can season your cast iron by following the below steps for longevity and non stickiness of its surface.
- Wet the pot/frying pan with water and scrub with a thick metallic sponge until all the rust is removed
- Make sure to Completely dry the pan, for this, you can keep it on flame till water is evaporated
- Apply vegetable, flex, or sesame oil all over the pan, including the handle
- Remove excess oil with a cloth
- Heat the oven to 175ºC (make sure it is not Induction based) and place the pan face down on top of aluminum foil for 1 hour.
Pro Tip: Dry your pan over the stove flame to prevent any moisture from remaining and rust stains from appearing.
How to clean a cast-iron Cookware Fry Pan
Another very important precaution that must be taken is not to store the food after it is ready in it, as the iron present in the pan will continue to pass into the food that will reach high levels of this mineral, which in exaggeration is not good for your health.
If the food starts to have variations in color, getting darker, for example, it is a warning sign, it may already contain excess iron.
Some extra care is needed to keep your pan always in use condition, for example, do not use sponges or other materials that can damage the surface, they can remove the protective layer that forms with use and that helps to prevent the process of rust from the pan.
Always use neutral soap and dry the pan over the fire to remove all the moisture present that could accelerate the iron’s oxidation process.
Final Thoughts on Cast Iron Cookwares
The iron pots are really essential items in our home in any kitchen. As they are versatile items, you can make a series of recipes with them, which makes them a wild card.
It is made of healthy safe material, as both in the enameled pan model and in the raw iron model, in both cases, there is an advantage as iron or enamel does not release chemical material during cooking.
There is a significant advantage to the enameled iron pan, which, as it is covered with special glazed enamel, has the advantage of durability and the fact that glass is a 100% safe material when it comes to health.
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists! If you don’t find her reviewing Product and writing content she can be traced back to her Garden, experimenting with new Plants!
Last update on 2022-05-20 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API